Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears.... uh... no.

Partly Cloudy - Hi 75 Lo 53 for Baghdad, Iraq
Partly Cloudy - Hi 74 Lo 60 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Rain - Hi 42 Lo 33 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: The Preamble, School House Rock




Podcast of the week: 55KRC Morning Show with Brian Thomas interviews Harald Zieger Go to March 26, 2009

This was one of the best interviews I have ever heard. The fluidity of conversation between Brian and Harald was truly appreciated. I was introduced to Mr. Zieger along with 5000 other Cincinnati Tea Party participants. His story is one of escape from oppression in East Germany. His story is one of cherished freedom and fear of it being lost once again. Mr. Zeiger is just a regular guy. Imagine having a personal file that consisted of 8000 pages... Yes. 8000 pages. Let me offer some context- The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown is 454 pages. William Bennett's America The Last Best Hope Volume I is 572 pages including notes and index. 8000 pages on a regular guy. If you do anything today... please... please listen or download this podcast. Be inspired.

Ramble:

My head is reeling. After the onset of the War on Terror in Iraq, I stayed with it and kept informed and stayed active in my support for our military, in support of our Commander in Chief. About three years ago, I had to tune it all out-- especially when the focus turned to politics and the presidential election. My head was ready to explode and I just needed a vacation. It wasn't until about nine months prior to the November 2008 elections did I tune back in. I now feel the urge to tune back out... but I can not. It is my responsibility to stay informed and to do my part to preserve our incredible nation. There is so much we need to watch. I alone can not remain vigilant and watch everything that is occurring in our country. Yes... it's the economy, stupid. We are being taxed and taxed. Our money has no value. My 401K is a 101K. I know I know... but while we are focused on that... the creepy crawlies are out in force and I am compelled to watch all the different tentacles of of the Legislative, Executive and Judicial Branches of our government instead of zoning out with a trashy romance novel... I now have to keep an eye on what this "mandatory volunteerism" or the prettier more PC "GIVE Act", H.R. 1388 is.... Embryonic Stem cell research,Card Check, anti-gun legislation, the Fairness Doctrine aka Localism has taken a back seat and run the news cycle for the time being,and the United Nations and all their incredible work...

I suppose what concerns me more than anything else is our children. My ears always perk up when I hear a politician say, "we have to think of the children." It turns my blood cold. Although Scooter Trash Husband and I do not have any children of our own, my thoughts and concern goes immediately to our nieces and nephews and children of our friends. I feel horrible a million... make that a trillion different ways. I started perusing Birth to Five Policy I don't know what this means... There is so much. Of course... our children are most important. That is clearly defined. The "HOW" part is what is obscure and unclear... There is no doubt- The Stimulus Plan is all over all the links associated with this program. What are the intentions? Yes... I know... I sound conspiratorial... Please someone enlighten me. I did not realize and forgive my ignorance... but I thought education was fundamental. Reading, writing, math, science and history... Why is money being put towards understanding the development of a brain? Why is the money not going towards rewarding excellent teachers? Where are the vouchers?

What is happening? Why is everything so complicated? Where is my country?

Oh. One other thing. Make no mistake... I'm not afraid. I'm pissed.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment