Sunday, April 19, 2009

Love Thy Neighbor

Sunny - Hi 83 Lo 62 for Baghdad, Iraq
Partly Cloudy - Hi 89 Lo 63 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Rain - Hi 59 Lo 53 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Hold On, Jet



One of my all time favorite movies is Frank Capra's, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. It would be beneficial to all those in government to watch it and remember that doing the right thing does matter.

Ramble:

For the past several Sundays I have pointed out my dissatisfaction and grave concern over the direction our country has been headed for a very long time. I know I am not alone in my concern. I love this country with all my heart. This land has been blessed and we are witness to the land we love disintegrating before our very eyes. Is this it? Is this the end of our Camelot? Are dark days ahead? Oh dearest God, I pray no.

Many of the Right Wing Extremists (I'm a card carrying member) have discussed and have become more vocal about term limits for Congress. I do not agree with this effort. I believe our Founding Fathers got everything else right... this is right too.

If we were to go to term limits who will step up and run for office? Remember, there still are some honorable, decent men and women serving their constituents-- they would have to abide by term limits as well. Again I ask... with term limits, who will step up and run for office? Are We the People willing to put our private lives on hold to serve? This is a simple question that does not have a simple answer, but does need to be addressed if we as a nation should go to term limits.


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment