Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall Cleaning

Partly Cloudy - Hi 100 Lo 78 for Baghdad, Iraq
Sunny - Hi 100 Lo 74 for Qandahar, Afghanistan
Rainy - Hi 74 Lo 67 for Northern KY, USA

Song of the week: Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?, She and Him




The days are getting shorter and the evenings are cooler. It's time for fall cleaning and I inevitably will find myself distracted by photo albums and all the projects I didn't get to over the summer--- okay... past three summers...

As I go into this nostalgic mode I yearn for pop music from the early 60's. This song is only a couple of years old, but it has that wonderful Petula Clark, Lulu, Dusty Springfield poppy kind of flavor. If you are not familiar with She and Him, you may be familiar with actress -- Zooey Deschanel.... She was the older sister in Almost Famous and more recently she was girl elf to Will Ferrell in the movie Elf--- they sang the duet Baby It's Cold Outside-- an absolutely charming moment.

So, this is a cute, campy song and it suits her voice--- M. Ward and Zooey do a lot of covers and a lot of jazz... she definitely falls into "girl singer" status with me... so as I do some fall cleaning... I intend to listen to some music that makes me happy. I suggest you do the same.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment